ISB Essays Collection | Real Essays of ISB Admits
Please fill this form to get a copy of ISB Essays Collection to your email.
What does ISB look for in the essays?
After going through the essays of many successful applicants, we at MBA Sage have found that ISB specifically looks for the following nuances in your application essays:
- Leadership – While the specific question being asked in the essay is about diversity, almost all the essays we have reviewed contained achievements/stories of how the applicant showed leadership/initiative in their past.
- Team Management – ISB looks for applicants that can manage a team and motivate the same to achieve goals for an organisation. Make sure to include examples of the same in your application
- Diversity – This is quite obvious as ISB directly asks for this in the essay topic.
- MBA story – An MBA story of an applicant involves 3 parts. First, it includes what the applicant has done so far in their career. The second involves your plans at ISB and what your focus will be during your experience at ISB. The last part is about your post ISB plans. It is important to explain the continuity and coherence between the three parts. The pre – ISB work experience must add up with the plans at ISB and post ISB goals.
- Domain expertise and work experience – An important aspect of the essay is to show the expertise the applicant has in the work they have done previously and the industry they worked in.
- Academic rigor/Intellectual capacity – ISB’s 1 year curriculum is hard to survive. Hence, in the application process the admission committee looks for applicants that can not only survive, but excel in such conditions.
What are the topics of ISB Essays?
ISB offers multiple programs but its flagship program is the ISB PGP in Management with specialization in different domains like IT, Marketing, Finance, etc.
Admissions to the PGP program is through the ISB PGP application and through the YLP application. Here are the essay topics of the ISB PGP application, our ISB essays collection includes essays on these topics:
Essay topic 1: At ISB we value diversity as it enhances both the in-class and out of class learning experience. Tell us how would you contribute to the same?
Essay topic 2: Enrolling in a Business School is an important career decision. Critically look at your career to date, the choices you have made, the key influences behind those choices, your goals for the future and how do you think ISB’s PGP can help you in achieving your goals?
Essay topic 3 (Optional): This essay topic is optional and only for re-applicants.
If you have applied to ISB before, what has changed in your profile since your last application?
Connect with ISB students and alumni - MBA Sage
MBA Sage is a platform that connects MBA applicants with the students and alumni of their target B schools for admissions related help.
In October 2018 we launched our platform for ISB and we now have over 70 ISB students and alumni on our platform. An applicant can sign up on our platform for free and browse the profiles of these students and alumni. These profiles can be filtered across their industry of work, year of graduation and we also provide the LinkedIn profile links of these ISBians along with the previous ratings given to them by other applicants.
In the Round 1 of ISB admissions 2018 we have conducted over 30 mock interviews and our average students – alumni rating on the platform, given by applicants is 9.71
To find a mentor for your profile, sign up as an applicant on our website:
Latest posts by Admin (see all)
- Wharton MBA Interview Preparation Guide Download - February 6, 2019
- Ace the Wharton MBA Interview | Ultimate Guide for Wharton TBDs - February 6, 2019
- Download Stanford GSB Interview Questions - January 25, 2019